Sunday, January 4, 2009

I need a vacation....

I am trying very hard to go into 2009 in a positive way, but it has been one thing after another leaving me with the question: am I cursed?

Last night Nate and I decided to go out for a few hours with a friend. We left Ayla with Nate's parents and received a call to come home as Ayla had gotten sick. I have to say that we have been very lucky with her, she has only been sick a couple of times, but I feel so bad when she is!

This morning I woke up early to go into work (I have been BEGGING my boss for hours). I got dressed and went to check on Ayla. After assuring myself that she was ok to leave, I attempted to go down stairs, and ended up tripping on a cat and falling down them... landing with a stair hitting the back of my neck. This afternoon since the pain was not getting any better, I went to the ER for x-rays. Luckily nothing was broken and it appears to be just bruised and strained muscles. I know it could be worse, but it still sucks! How am I supposed to take care of Ayla when I can't pick her up?! I am so frustrated with everything right now.

I know this is a whinny pathetic post, but tonight I am allowing myself to feel like poo. Tomorrow WILL be a better day....

3 comments:

Fer said...

((((HUGS)))) OMG Corin! Are u ok?... How is Ayla doing?

Corin said...

Thanks Fer! I'm ok, just very sore. Ayla is still sick and miserable, but she did get some sleep last night so thats a step in the direction!

Nimkee's Mum said...

I'm a few days late....but how are you feeling now? I hope it heals without any residual effects....and I hope the cat now learns to stay out of your way! I stomp my feet to scare the cats so they will move when they hear me coming---so far, so good! Why do they insist on laying on the stairs??

I hope you're feeling better.