Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Updates




Merry Christmas!!! I know I'm a little behind posting that, but I'm trying to catch up! We have been really busy as it seems to be one thing after another.

Some updates:

Last week, a few days before Christmas, Nate's grandmother passed away. It was very unexpected and made the holidays a little tougher to get through. Please keep Nate's family in your thoughts and prayers.

Christmas went well for us. We started off the day quietly at home and made it up to my grandmothers in the afternoon for dinner. Ayla got tons of toys and clothes, and although she didn't really understand what was going on, she was happy and enjoyed the day.

Saturday we drove up to Buffalo NY to see the Patriots game on Sunday. I got 2 great seats 4 rows from the field for Nate's Christmas present. The game was very cold and windy, but a lot of fun! I have never been so close to the players before. It was amazing! Unfortunately (since nothing seems to go smoothly) we had some issues during our trip. Sunday morning it was pretty windy and our car was hit by shingles flying off the hotel roof. Apparently the roof was re-done a few months ago, but not done properly. It scraped up our car and damaged the windshield and now we have to try and get the hotel to pay for the damages. I am praying that they agree to a settlement and we don't have to hire a lawyer, but it looks like they may try to get out of paying for it.

With all this going on, and a lot more I don't have the energy to type out...we need some quiet time! It seems that 2008 is going out with a bang, but not in the way I had hoped. I am really hoping 2009 brings some better things.

2 comments:

Fer said...

Oh sorry about your car, but WOW! I wish I could be there at the game!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing gift!. I love football! I am a Packer fan, but since Favre left the team I don't watch it like I wanted to ;)

Nimkee's Mum said...

Corin....so sorry that this all happened. I am thinking of your family, and keeping you in my prayers that everything comes out the way you want. Tell Nate how sorry I am to hear about his Grandmother. As you know, I too lost my Granny recently (October), but I know she's in a better place, and Nimkee's by her side :O)

Take care, M