Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Truffle Mania

It's that time of year again...truffle time. Last year I decided to do a "small" fundraiser selling homemade boxes of truffles. I started in September and ended up selling them through the holidays. By the time I was done we had sold over 700 boxes (6 per box)! My house was covered in chocolate and I never wanted to see another truffle again. This year I decided to do it again, but more organized. We had a variety of flavors including Andes Mint, Orange Creamsicle, Chocolate Banana, Peanut Butter, Double Chocolate, Key Lime, Coconut, Chocolate Raspberry, and Mocha. We sold them in boxes of 6, 15, or 40. We did extremely well and sold over 2200 truffles, raising over $1000 for the Gabriel's Gift Bags project. I am very excited to have done so well and am extremely happy that we will be able to fill so many bags this year. I am also thanking god it is over! This year went so much smoother than last year, but it was still A LOT of work.

And for everyone who has asked- Yes I will be doing a truffle sale for Valentines day, but it will not be a CHERUBS fundraiser. You can email me at Chefrinny@gmail.com for more information.

Here are some pictures of the truffle mania:















No comments: