Friday, December 19, 2008

Blankets for CHERUBS

As most of you know, we started the Gabriel's Gift Bags project with CHERUBS to provide new and expecting CDH parents with a gift bag filled with comfort items for their baby's NICU stay. One of the main things that we are including is a blanket. We would really like to include a handmade blanket which can be knit, crochet, or quilted. These blankets take a lot of time to make and we cannot do it by ourselves! There are too many parents out there who need these for us to keep up with, so we are looking for volunteers who would like to make small baby blankets to include in these bags. If you are interested, in doing 1 or 100, please let me know! You can email me at Chefrinny@gmail.com or join our yahoo group by clicking this link:

knittingforcherubs

If you can, please consider doing this, it can really make a difference for those families in need of a little comfort.

2 comments:

Fer said...

I LOVE this idea Corin! Too bad I don't know how to knite (is that right?) If I could, I'd use glue to attach buttons to clothes ;)

Nimkee's Mum said...

My boys received blankets which had been donated to the hospital where Nimkee was. We call them 'Bennett Blankets'--and say that he is giving them Angel Hugs when they wrap themselves up at night :O)

What a generous and thoughtful idea. I made Nimkee's blanket, that he's now wrapped in for all eternity. I have bought some yarn to make another one for a friend...but just can't seem to start. I just keep thinking of him.

What lucky recipients of such a wonderful gift...best wishes with this project!