Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

Last weekend we took a trip up to New Hampshire to relax. It gave me a lot of time to think and reflect on what I have to be thankful for.

I am thankful for my daughter. She is truly amazing. I look at her each day and cannot believe that she is really mine. The love and pure joy that comes from her smile leaves me speechless.

I am thankful for my son. I am thankful for every moment I was able to share with him, and all the lessons he taught me in his short life. Because of him, I am a better friend, a better mother, a better person.

I am thankful for my husband. He has been there with me through these last 8 years, which hasn't always been easy, but with him I know we can make it through anything. He gives me strength and courage to go on, I couldn't imagine life without him.

I am thankful for my friends and family. I know I have so many wonderful people who surround me with love and happiness. I don't know what I did right to deserve all those who have touched my life, but I am very thankful for every one.

I am thankful for my health, my home, my animals, and all the small things I have in my life. When I take the time to reflect on all the positive things I have in my life, it makes all the negative not seem so overwhelming. I think I need to take more time to remind myself of the wonders in my life and spend less time worrying about the things I don't have.


Here are a few pictures from our New Hampshire get-away.











3 comments:

Nimkee's Mum said...

Corin...such amazing pics, and a wonderful insight to what is truly important in life. I too remind myself each day of the many blessings I have, and leave behind the negativity. I am the master of my own destiny, and should a roadblock present itself...it's how you tackle it that matters. Gabriel is so very proud of his superstrong and amazing Mommy!

Fer said...

Awwwwwwww Corin, I LOVE the pictures!!!!!!!!

Kate said...

OMIGOSH SHE IS SO ADORABLE!! I love the pics!!!