Saturday, March 21, 2009

Pink and Purple Cake


I made this cake for my business class last week. I wanted to have some fun with it and experiment with different techniques. The roses are a different style than I have made before. They are "Duff's Roses" (from Ace of Cakes) since he is the one who came up with the method. They aren't as realistic looking as making them the traditional way, but they are really fast to produce and I think they are pretty cute!

I took the main idea for this cake off one I saw online at cake central. It was very time consuming since I had to roll out each line individually, and was difficult to get consistent results. If I ever make another cake like this again, I think I need to invest in getting a clay gun! I probably could have done this cake in 1/4 of the time and had it come out a lot nicer! I was a little disappointed with it, as I ran out of time and wasn't able to put the finishing touches on it, but oh well, the class loved it :)



More experiment cakes coming soon!!!!

No comments: