Friday, October 12, 2007

Busy as usual

I have been keeping very busy. Today after work I decided I needed a day of nothing so I came home and slept, and of course now I am up and probably won't be able to go back to sleep. O well.

I have been selling truffles for a mini fundraiser for Cherubs, and it has done a whole lot better than I ever expected. I estimate that I have already sold over 170 boxes and continue to get requests and orders. So in between working and other stuff you can find me in my mini kitchen playing with chocolate, which ends up covering the kitchen by the time I am done. My family have been so supportive when it comes to my crazy ideas, they have been selling truffles faster than I can make them! I may be the crazy one putting all this stuff together, but I couldn't do it without all the help I have gotten.

Work has been interesting. The bakery didn't do to well while I was on my 3 days off last week-grrrr- and I agreed to work 5 days for the next two weeks while they work on getting more help. We did hire another cake decorator (FINALLY), but she still needs to be trained, and I am praying she lasts longer than the last two they hired. I think the record would be 3 days. I had recently had a talk with my human resources rep (who I adore), about Gabriel and Cherubs. She knew I had a son who didn't make it, but didn't know any of the details. After we talked for awhile she told me about a program they do next asking employees to donate to a charity weekly out of their paycheck. She suggested I put Cherubs on the list and see what happens. She told me my story touched her so she will personally be promoting Cherubs for people who don't already have a charity in mind. Today she came and asked to speak with me. She convinced Big Y to agree on doing a Big Y sponsored raffle next month for the employees where all the money will also be donated to Cherubs. They are going to put a basket together with a bunch of different things and see what they can get for it. I thought it was so sweet of her to go above and beyond what I would have ever expected. Some people truly amaze me with their kindness.

The rest of my time I have spent trying to plan Gabe's first birthday. We know we want to have a get together with friends and family, but we have to find a place to have it. Hopefully I can get all that figured out this week.

So much to do so little time

No comments: