Sunday, November 9, 2008

Eat Cake

Today I made a baby shower cake for a close friends sister. I really enjoyed making it and everyone seemed to really like it at the shower. As I look around for a job since it is near impossible to be a stay at home mom in todays world... I keep thinking this is what I need to do! I know It's something I'm pretty good at, if I can just get my business going... So I have made it my mission! By the end of this year I plan on having my business plan written out. I need a game plan on what I am going to do with my life. I hate the insecurity of the unknown. This week I am going to call the health department and start figuring out what I need to do to become licensed in Rhode Island. Than will be the search for an industrial kitchen to rent until I can get my own shop going. This is something I really need to do for myself!

Here is the cake I made for the shower today. The design was a bit of each element taken off of different cakes and pulled together by the mother-to-be's sister and mom. It's nice to be able to make thier cake vision come to life :)

1 comment:

Nimkee's Mum said...

Oh Corin....I LOVE it! You are very talented my dear! We don't have a business like this around here, but I have no doubt it would be very successful. As you know, I had thought about this as a career for myself...but now I'm a computer junkie so I don't know if I'd have the get-up-and-go to do this at this point in my life.

I am wishing you every success in whatever you decide. You rock!!

Love Mxxoo