Monday, December 14, 2009

Surprise-It's Twins!

First, let me start by saying that I can't keep a secret to save my life. We had planned on waiting to tell everyone for at least another few weeks, if not months. But, I am just bursting with excitement, and nervousness, and need to share it all!

A few days before Thanksgiving I realized I was a day or so late, figured it was nothing, but went and took a pregnancy test anyways. I took it, thought it was negative and threw it away. Looked at it later and could see a very faint line. Took another one the next day, and another faint line. Holy crap, I was pregnant! I called my doctor and scheduled bloodwork. When my bloodwork came back it showed some interesting numbers. My progesterone level was low again, so they put me on supplements. My hcg level started on the lower side on the first test, but in 3 days went up x6 when they would expect it to only double. My doctor mentioned that it can be an indicator of a multiple pregancy and set me up for an ultrasound appointment. Today was the big day to get the ultrasound this morning. Sure enough, two little sacs with two little babies, and two little flickering heartbeats. Amazing. I'm still in shock, and a bit freaked out, but also very excited. I am just praying for a very uneventful pregnancy. Please let this pregnancy go smoothly....

Here is our very first picture of our little jellybeans!


And since I haven't posted any pics of Ayla recently...here's a few of our little monkey:


 
 

And a few cake pictures too :)



7 comments:

Christmas with Kasey said...

Congrats! How far along are you?

Corin said...

Thanks! I'm about 8 weeks along...still very early!

Fer said...

CONGRATULATIONS Corin!!!!!

Sky + Carla said...

Congratulations!!! :) I don't know why I always wanted to have twins. Try to enjoy the pregnancy now before you get sooo big ;) How exciting!

~ Carla

Alicia Cox said...

Don't know you, but was skipping through blogs and saw yours. Congrats on your twins!!! So exciting. I have twins, a boy and girl! They are 5 months old now. Good luck and congrats!

Unknown said...

congrats corrin....
i wish all of you always cherish ...

Mom Daughter Style said...

your daughter, she's so adorable, congratulations!!!