Monday, December 21, 2009

4 am

It's 4am and I have been up, wide awake, for the last half hour. What is up with that?! I'm constantly tired, yet the last few nights around this time I've woken up from random pains and not been able to go back to sleep for awhile. Not fair!

Last Thursday I ended up having to go the the ER...abulance ride and all. I think it was the first time since I was a little girl! I have been feeling weak and a little dizzy, but figured it was because I haven't been able to eat much these past couple weeks. I ended up getting very dizzy and disorientated on Thursday afternoon while out. They diagnosed me with virtigo and dehydration. Aparently virtigo is an inner ear thing and can make you feel pretty sick and dizzy. They gave me meds and lots of iv fluids and sent me home to have an "easy" weekend. Unfortunately, this was my big truffle weekend, which made relaxing hard. Nate has been great, and really stepped up to help me with the truffles. I finally finished them last night, with a big sigh of relief!

Ayla has really been testing her boundaries lately. She goes through periods of being the sweetest little girl around, to devil child on a sugar high in no time! Haven't figured out the best way to deal with her tantrums yet... but I'm working on it! ;) This morning was interesting. We have been semi-potty training her. Trying to catch her before she poops and make her poop on her potty, but really have been pretty slack about the whole thing. She doesn't tell us when she is going to poop, but lets us know afterwards b/c she hates the feel of a poopy diaper. This morning she slept in late, which was great, but woke us up at 9am by screaming! Nate ran upstairs to get her and SURPRISE.....naked poopy baby! She had unzipped her pj's and taken her diaper off AFTER she pooped! Luckily most of the mess was contained inside the pj's. So gross! I'm just praying this doesn't turn into a regular morning adventure now that she knows how to do it!  I guess it's time for potty boot camp and time to consider looking into a toddler bed....when did my baby grow up?!

Well, thats all for now random readers. Just another update into my crazy little life. Time to go try and get some sleep!

4 comments:

Fer said...

Corin, just stopped by to wish you a very merry xmas and a happy new year!
Love,
Fer

Nivondu said...

I got the vertigo, its no fun. Made me a queasy and I generally scared all my co-workers at the office when it hit. . . so your not alone.

Ordinary Reader said...

Hi. I've been reading through your blog and it's heartbreaking. I lost my son too. He was 9 hours old when he died. I wish there were words I could say to help ease your pain. It's been a very long time since his death, but I still think of him all the time. I can tell you it will get easier to carry his memory in time. Not that you'll ever forget him, but the time will come when the thought of him is a blessing instead of a bad memory. I guess I just wanted to say don't be surprised if you find yourself grieving over and over again through the years. There's no logic to this and no right or wrong way to do it. All those special days will still be special to you, his birthday, the day he left you, holidays, etc. You'll miss him, but when you do, just let the pain be. It will subside and you'll feel like you again. Anyway I didn't mean to ramble on, I just wanted to say I share your sorrow. Take care.
Dianne @ ordinary reader

http://peacefulones.blogspot.com said...

Will pray for health and strength - and a speedy recovery. It's not easy keeping up with a little one, never mind when Mom's not feeling well.