Saturday, November 24, 2007

I QUIT

Thanksgiving came and went, it was a "good" day but was very difficult thinking about how Gabe was missing from everything. We went to dinner at Nate's parents house and went to the cemetery to visit Gabe. I haven't been their in months-it's just too hard sometimes to stare at his stone. It just makes it all so final. These holidays are not easy-just trying to make it through these next few months.

Work has been pretty stressful. I ended up going in after Gabe's birthday party and doing an overnight, even though I had originally told them I needed that time off. I worked 3 overnights leading up to Thanksgiving to make sure all the desserts were done. The day after Thanksgiving I went in to prepare for the weekend to find out that my manager had gone on vacation and not scheduled anyone for Saturday-my day off. I ended up working 11 hours on friday and they still wanted me to come in today. We are very shorthanded and all the pressure is on me to get everything done. I had demoted myself months ago so that I would not have to deal with all the stress, but instead I am being paid less but expected to do the same amount of work. I decided I couldn't do it anymore and put in my 2 weeks notice yesterday. Ugghh, I had really counted on not going on maternity leave for another 2 months since we can't afford to have only Nate working right now, but I'm sure I will figure something out. I know I need to put my health and Makayla first right now, and being on my feet for all these hours, doing the work of 3 people is wearing me out. Hopefully I can find something to do to bring in some extra income for awhile until I can figure out something more permanent. Well, I guess now I will have a lot more time to clean my house.

No comments: