Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there! I hope that every mom was shown the love they deserve today.

Today is still a bittersweet day for me, as I believe it always will be. I did enjoy spending the night with my beautiful family, but I guess I will always have the pain of loosing Gabe, which is multiplied on days like these. I know that today is a bittersweet one for many. Not just those who have lost a child, but also for those who have had miscarriages, those who want a baby and can't have one, and those who have lost a mom or significant woman in their lives. As you enjoy your day and honor the special women in your life, remember to say a little prayer, or do something nice for those who may find today a little tougher. For those of you who have suffered a loss: my thoughts are with you all.

I had to spend the majority of this weekend in a classroom :( I'm not sure why they thought it would be a good idea to hold it this weekend, but I had to attend a food safety class to apply for my food managers license. It was 8am-5pm both days! Nate took me out last night for dinner to celebrate Mother's Day and gave me two gorgeous quilts made with both my babies pictures on them! I will post a some pictures later! They are definitely one of the best gifts I've ever received! I also got a very beautiful little garden stone from my mother-in-law, and many cards and messages that I appreciate more than I could ever say! Even though I don't have both my babies here on earth, I still believe there is nothing better than being a mommy.

2 comments:

Burt and Christy Michel said...

Corin, Your words always touch my heart.
Happy Late mothers day :)

Kate said...

I love seeing Makayla's new pics!! You must show me how to have a "cool" blog like yours . . .

Love and miss you